Dear Families/Guardians, We hope and pray that our families are doing well during this time. We would like to invite you to come to our school to pick up your child’s items. We ask that you please read this letter thoroughly so that we can be sure that all protocols are followed and we have a safe experience.
Please carefully review the following: Your family has been scheduled a time to come to the school to pick up all personal belongings. Please join us at St. Augustine during the following time slots to pick up your child(ren)’s personal items as well as to drop off school property (e.g. textbooks, library books, etc.).
We are also asking school Chromebooks that have been borrowed for distance learning must be returned if you are in Grade 8 or if you are leaving our school. For those returning back to our school, you can keep the Chromebook over the summer. If you have any questions, please ask your child(ren)’s teacher or myself.
Kindergarten Families will pick up their child’s items from the Kindergarten Fenced in area. If you have older children who also attend St. Augustine School, their items will be with your youngest child’s items in the Kindergarten Fenced in area. Please park in the YMCA parking lot and proceed to our Kindergarten area at your scheduled time.
For older students, at your scheduled time, please come to the front of the school and park parallel to the sidewalk where the buses pick-up students. Your child(rens) labelled bag of items will be set on the sidewalk for you to pick up. Tables will be out for any lost and find items which were not labelled. Boxes will also be out for you to place returned books and Chromebooks into.
Student Item Pick-up Schedule (Click to open – scroll down to find your date and time)
Kindergarten Items Pick-Up Schedule (Click to open)
WCDSB, Provincial and Local Health Protocols:
- ❏ Parents must complete the self-assessment tool prior to arrival: COVID 19 Self Assessment
- ❏ Only ONE parent/guardian and their child(ren) come to the school.
- ❏ Masks and gloves are recommended if you have access to them. The school will not provide them.
- ❏ All the belongings of each student will be in a bag with the his/her name on it.
- ❏ There will be no outdoor supervision and the playground is closed.
- ❏ Any medication stored in the main office will also be placed in your child’s bag of belongings.
- ❏ Kindly understand that this is not the time for prolonged conversations; please pick-up your child(ren)’s belongings in a timely fashion
- ❏ During designated pick-up days, staff may not be available for online learning.
- ❏ If there are parents/guardians whose health leaves them vulnerable to COVID-19, arrangements can be made to have a separate pick-up date. Please make arrangements directly with Ms. Carroll.
- ❏ If there are parents/guardians who are frontline workers and cannot make the pick-up date(s), please contact Ms. Carroll directly to make alternate arrangements.
- ❏ Unclaimed items will be donated to charity after the final pick-up day, other than in very unique circumstances.
- ❏ Anyone waiting for their designated time slot should remain in their car in one of the front parking spaces.
- ❏ All school property must be returned on your scheduled visit including library books, text books or any other school owned item. You will place these in the boxes/bins under the lost and found tables.
We understand that there is a lot to follow, but our priority is your safety and the safety of our staff. We thank you for your support and understanding with this.
St. Augustine School Principal