Dear St. Augustine Families.
Here’s hoping everyone has a moment to catch their breaths next week and come back refreshed and ready to finish strong.
Thank you for continuing to follow the public health and safety measures that have kept schools open and safe for students and staff. It is our collective effort that continues to ensure your children can learn in the classroom.
As per recent announcements, the province has implemented a province-wide shut down for four weeks in response to worsening trends in key health indicators across the province.
The mental health and well-being of children continue to be a key government priority and schools will remain open for in-person learning through the Provincial Emergency and Stay at Home Order. The spring break is continuing as planned, from April 12th to 16th and schools will reopen for in-person learning on April 19th.
In light of the recently announced measures, it is important that we continue to follow health advice over the Spring Break to do our part to keep schools open, for in-person student learning.
The following are strategies are ones that Public Health feel will stop the current spread:
- Socialize with your own household.
- Stay home and get tested if you feel ill.
- Participate in the targeted testing offered by your school board.
- Screen every day, including during spring break, for COVID-19 symptoms before attending child care (theCOVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool is available to assist families with symptom screening).
- Practice good hand hygiene habits, masking, and physical distancing.
- Refer to ca/covidresponse to learn what public health measures are in place in our community.
- Refrain from travelling.
As a reminder, before coming back to school on April 19th, you must screen for COVID-19 symptoms. If your child or anyone in your household is ill, please stay home and follow the guidance in the school screener.
Have a safe, fun and restful break!